I’ve been away for a while, busy with life!!! The end of ski season was really busy with my kids in ski competition!
I have a perfect “Spring” card for you today. I made it with the new “Sheltering Tree” stamp set. I love that set because you can change the tree to fit any season! I also used the Butterfly from my favorite set called “Butterfly Basics” that also have matching Thinlits and beautiful detailed Butterflies!
For the background, I used the “Hardwood” background stamp, with White craft ink.
Stamp set: Sheltering Tree, Butterfly Basics, Hardwood
CS and paper: Blushing Bride, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Pear Pizzaz
Ink: Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzaz, Baked Brown Sugar, Craft White ink
Tools: Big Shot, Circle Framelits collection, Decorative Dots embossing folder, Butterflies Thinlits Dies
Accessories: 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon
1. Cut half a sheet of Crumb Cake card stock (8.5″ x 5.5″). Fold in half to form the card base.
2. Ink the Background stamp “Hardwood” with White craft ink and stamp on the card front.
3. Cut the biggest Circle from the Circle Framelits in Whisper White card stock. Stamp the tree with Baked Brown sugar and the leaves with Pear Pizzaz ink. Stamp little leaves on top with Blushing Bride ink. Stamp the grass and little flowers with the same colors. Trim the left side of the Circle.
4. Cut a 1-1/4″ Strip of Pear Pizzaz card stock. Run through the Big Shot with the Decorative Dots folder. Wrap the ribbon behind and adhere at the back with Snail adhesive. Tie another small ribbon on top. Adhere on the card front. Adhere the Circle on top.
5. Stamp a butterfly with Blushing Bride on Blushing Bride card stock. Cut with the matching Butterflies Thinlit. Adhere on the card with dimensionals.
Filed under: card samples | Tagged: Butterfly basics, Butterfly Thinlits, cards, Decorative Dots, Hardwood, Julie Olivier, Sheltering Tree, Spring, Stampin'up | Leave a comment »