Today’s card is really cute and I’m quite happy about how it turned out! Let me know if you like it!
I made this flip card with the Circle Card Thinlits dies. Flip cards are so easy to make with that die! When you pull on the left part, the circle “flip” and shows the other side, it’s really cool! (You can see other flip cards here.) To make this cute penguin, I used the Owl builder punch. I also used the “White Christmas” stamp set for the greetings and the little snowman. The snowflake is from “Cheerful Tag” and matched perfectly the ones printed on the “Trim the Tree” Designer Series paper stack. I also used the tree from “Festival of Trees” in the background behind the penguin.
Stamp sets: White Christmas, Cheerful Tags, Festivals of Trees
Cs and paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Soft Sky, Garden Green, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, “Trim the Tree” Designer Series paper stack.
Ink: White Craft ink, Garden Green, Memento Black ink, Soft Sky; Real Red, Garden Green and Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Markers
Tools: Big Shot, Circle Card Thinlits dies, 2-1/2″ Circle punch, Owl Builder punch, Blossom Petal Builder punch, Blender pen
1. Using the Big Shot and Circle Card Thinlit die, cut a “flip card” in Crumb Cake card stock.
2. Cut a 2″ x 5-1/8″ rectangle in “Trim the Tree” Designer Series paper stack and adhere it on the right panel. Stamp 2 snowflakes in White Craft ink on the left panel. Stamp the greeting in Garden Green.
3. Cut a 2-1/2″ Circle in Soft Sky card stock. Stamp the trees multiple times in Garden Green ink. Cut a 2-1/2″ Circle in Whisper White and tear it just below half. Adhere on the Soft sky circle.
4. Make the penguin with the Owl punch. Cut off ears to make it look like a penguin. To make the beak, cut a small heart in Pumpkin Pie card stock. Make a little Santa’s hat. To make the present, cut a small rectangle in Garden Green card stock. Cut 2 Real Red hearts and a small circle for the “bow”. Use the smallest petal from the Blossom Petal Builder punch to make his wing. Adhere on the circle and then on the card.
5. Cut a 2-1/2″ Circle in Whisper White. Stamp the greeting in Garden Green and the snowman in Memento Black ink. Color the snowman with markers. Add some Soft Sky “shadow” with the Blender pen. Adhere the circle on the back of the flip card.
Filed under: Christmas, Flip Card, Owl punch examples | Tagged: Cheerful Tags, Christmas cards, Circle Card Thinlits dies, Festivals of Trees, Flip card, owl punch, White Christmas | Leave a comment »