I showed this technique at my last Stamping club night. This technique is great for masculine cards! I used the image from “Wetlands” to make my card. The leather look is achieved by sponging 4 colors on Crumb Cake card stock: Crush Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede and Chocolate Chip. (See instructions below.)
- Crumb Cake card stock, Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Mossy Meadow
- Deco Labels Collection Framelits die, Honeycomb embossing folder
- Ink pads and sponge daubers for the following colors: Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip
- Black ink pad
- Stamp “Wetlands” and Hardwood
- Stylus and Stampin’ Pierce Mat (or another foam mat)
Cut the Crumb Cake card stock with the Deco Label Framelit die.
Stamp your image with Black ink. Place the card stock on the Pierce mat and use the stylus to roughly trace the image. This will make like an “embossing” look of the image.
Sponge Crushed Curry ink with the sponge dauber. Sponge Pumpkin Pie ink.
Starting on the edges and fading in, sponge Soft Suede and Chocolate Chip ink.