Sympathy cards are probably not the most fun to make, but they are always handy to have when you need one. For this card, I used the stamp set called “Serene Silhouette” and 4 of the 2014-2016 In-Color: Lost Lagoon, Blackberry Bliss, Mossy Meadow and Hello Honey.
I started by stamping the block “D” in the background with Soft Sky blue ink. This is very easy, simply press your block directly on the ink pad to cover it with ink and then press it on the card stock. You get a uneven square of color, perfect for your background! I then color the flowers with the Stampin’ markers and stamp it on top.
The card was completed with a Blackberry Bliss satin ribbon and a Basic Black “Bitty butterfly”. The greeting is from “Petite Pairs”.
Stamps: Serene Silhouette, Petite Pairs
CS and paper: Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Soft Sky ink pad, Basic Black ink; Blackberry Bliss, Mossy Meadow, Hello Honey Stampin’ markers.
Tools: Bitty Butterfly punch
Accessories: Blackberry Bliss satin ribbon
1. Cut half a sheet (5.5″ x 8.5″) of Lost Lagoon card stock. Fold in half to make the card base.
2. Cut a 4″ x 3.5″ Whisper White card stock and a 4.25″ x 3.75″ Mossy Meadow card stock.
3. Ink your clear block “D” with Soft Sky ink. Stamp on the Whisper White card stock.
4. Color your flower image with Mossy Meadow, Blackberry Bliss and Hello Honey Stampin’ markers. Stamp on top of your “square” background. Stamp the greeting at the upper right corner with Black ink.
5. Adhere the Whisper White stamped card stock on the Mossy Meadow card stock. Cut a Blackberry Bliss satin ribbon and wrap around the back. Tie another small piece on top with a single knot. Adhere the card front on your Lost Lagoon card base.
6. Cut a Basic Black butterfly with the “Bitty Butterfly” punch. Adhere with a dimensional.