Gift Cards are becoming more and more popular as a gift alternative for people on our list that are “harder” to pick a gift for… Putting the gift card inside a homemade “gift card holder” makes it a bit more personal!
I made this gift card with half a sheet of Cherry Cobbler, cut lenghtwise (4-1/4″ x 11″). The present is made with a little Whisper White card stock square covered with the Season of Style Designer Washi Tape and topped with a Cherry Cobbler Seam binding ribbon bow. On the right hand side, I used the Delicate Design Embossing folder to create the nice border.
On the inside it looks like this:
You can see a similar gift card holder that I made last year here.
Stamp set: Chalk Talk, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cs and paper: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Season of Style Designer series paper stack
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Tools: Big Shot, Delicate Design embossing folder, 1-1/4″ Circle punch, 1-3/4″ Circle punch, Modern Label punch, Simply Scored Scoring board
Accessories: Season of Style Designer Washi Tape, Cherry Cobbler Seam binding ribbon, Dimensionals, glue dots.
1. Cut half a sheet of Cherry Cobbler card stock lenghtwise (4-1/4″ x 11″). Place your card stock horizontally on the Scoring board and score at 2″ and 5-1/2″. Fold on your scored lines. On the right hand side, emboss with the Delicate Design folder to create the border.
2. Stamp “For you” from Chalk Talk stamp set in Cherry Cobbler ink on Whisper White card stock. Use the 1-1/4″ Circle punch to cut. Glue in place on the card.
3. On the opposite side (the 2″ folded part) cut half a circle with the 1-3/4″ Circle punch. Adhere the top and bottom of the folded part. (This is where you will insert the gift card.)
4. Cut a 4″ x 3-1/4″ rectangle in Season of Style Designer series paper. Adhere on top of your card. Cut a 1-3/4″ Square in Whisper White card stock. Cover with 3 strips of Washi tape. Adhere on your card. Make a bow with the Cherry Cobbler Seam binding and adhere with a glue dot.
5. Stamp “Merry Christmas” (from Teeny Tiny Wishes) on a piece of Whisper White card stock. Cut with the Modern Label punch. Adhere with dimensionals on top of your card, just below the present.