Have you realized that there’s only one month left before Christmas!!! So, it’s time to get going!!! Today, I propose to you one of my favorite Christmas craft for children: the Snowman “Shaker” Ornament. Kids (and adults!) love to play with things so this little shaker is perfect for that!!! Leave it in your Christmas tree end you can be sure that people will want to touch it and shake it!!!
- Early Expresso, Pumpkin pie, Whisper White and Real Red cardstock
- Treat cup
- 2 googly eyes
- 2 ½ in circle punch
- 1 ¾ in circle punch
- 1 ¼ in circle punch
- Snowflake punch
- Moder Label punch
- Black marker
- 1 ¼ in Striped Grosgrain Ribbon
- glue dots
- Christmas Greetings stamp and Cherry cobbler ink pad
- Mika flakes
- Little flower punch or sequin
- Gold string
- To make the body, punch one 2 ½ in circle in white cardstock. Stamp your greeting in the centre.
- Fill the treat cup with mika flakes. Peel off the white backing to reveal the sticky part. Adhere to your white circle.
- For the head, punch two 1 ¾ inch white circles. On one of them, make the snowman face: glue the googly eyes, a little orange triangle for the nose and make little dots with the marker to draw the mouth. Glue in place on the body. Glue the second white circle at the back. This will help to make it more steady.
- For the hat, punch out a 1 ¼ in circle in brown cardstock. Add a little strip of red in the middle of the circle. Punch out two “Modern Labels” in brown cardstock. Glue one on top of the hat. Glue the hat in place on the head. On the back, glue the other “modern label”, aligned with the front one. On the front, add a little flower if you wish.
- For the arms, punch out a “Snowflake” and cut 2 arms. Glue at the back of the body.
- Cut a 15 cm Striped Grosgrain ribbon. Make a knot in the middle. Adhere using the glue dots.
- Add a little string to hang your snowman.