Happy Halloween everyone! I was busy this week-end finishing sewing my kids’ costumes. But they were all thrilled to wear their costume at school today and tonight… They just went out “trick or treating”. I’m left at home giving the candies while trying to write this post!!!
So today, I will show you a children project related to Halloween! (of course!!!) It’s a witch’s boot made with the Holiday stocking Bigz die. I thought that was a super idea (that I stole from someone else on Stampin’ Connection) to use that die for something else than just for Christmas. So I took the idea, but made my very own model. Since it’s a children project, I kept it simple and use supplies that I had on hand like yarn and little stars…
- Holiday Stocking Bigz L die (#124098)
- Garden Green, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black cardstock
- Yellow yarn
- crimper (#101618)
- Hole punch
- Stars (sequins)
- white pen
- 2 ½ in circle punch (#!20906)
- 1 ¼ in circle punch (#119861)
- Using the Holiday Stocking die and Big Shot, cut a black stocking.
- Punch out a 2 ½ in. circle in black cardstock and punch out a piece with
the 1 ¼ in circle punch (to form the pointed toes). Glue at the
- Cut a piece of green cardstock to form the sole. You can use the
Stocking die to cut it. Glue it at the bottom of the stocking.
- Use the stocking cuff to form the heel. Glue at the back.
- Cut a rectangle out of Old Olive cardstock. Run through the crimper. Glue at
the top of the boot to form the witch’s socks.
- Punch out 4 holes and thread with yellow yarn to make laces.
- Decorate with little stars and a piece of orange cardstock to make a patch.
Add white lines to imitate the stitching.