This is a very special card you can send to someone special you might not be able to see during the Holiday season. It has a removable star ornement that they can use to decorate their Christmas tree or anything else they like!
I made one for my Godmother a few years ago and she told me she kept the star hung on her bedroom mirroir, and she would think of me when she sees it. I thought that was really sweet!!!
If you have done some origami before, that will be very easy for you! Using the Simply Scored Scoring tool will help you to make the folds easily.
Stamp set: Snow swirled (#111690)
Ink: Marina Mist, Early Expresso, Bashful Blue.
CS and Paper: Marina Mist, Early Expresso, Whisper White, Letters to Santa DSP (#122349)
Accessories: Glimmer brad in Marina Mist (#121004), Dimensionals, gold string
Tools and punches: Simply Scored Scoring Tool, bone folder, 1 3/4″ circle punch (#119850)
To make the star:
1. Cut 8 squares of 1.5 inches, in the Designer series paper (DSP).
2. Using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool, score each side at 0.75 inches on both sides, horizontally and vertically. Then score diagonally too. This will help you fold the star.
3. Following the steps on the picture below, form each arm of the star. Repeat 8 times. Glue each arm together to form the star. Add the glimmer brad in the center and a small gold string to hang the star.
Back of star
To make the card:
1. Cut a 6cm square in Marina Mist and a 6.8 cm square in Early Expresso cardstock. Adhere togheter.
2. Punch out a 1 3/4″ circle in the center.
3. On a 13cm by 10 cm Wisper White rectangle cardstock, stamp snowflakes in Marina Mist and Blshful Blue using Snow Swirled stamp set. Stamp greeting in Early Expresso. Adhere to the Marina Mist card (half a 8.5 by 11 in. sheet, fold in half).
4. Use Dimensionals to pop up your square in order to be able to insert the star.
5. Insert the star in the circle hole.